PSC Biotech is one of the world's largest biotechnology consulting firms in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Currently, we are looking for a Equipment Guarding Project Engineer for an opportunity in Ireland.
Purpose of Role:
The role of the Equipment engineer is to ensure that equipment installed is done so in a complaint manner with all national, international and corporate guidelines.
The role involves leading the equipment safety program for the site. This is a leadership position for a high profile site program.
Activities Within Role:
The reliability specialist will operate within the Engineering Centre of Excellence and will work closely will colleagues within the IPT (Integrated Production Team). He/she will provide expert advice on equipment guarding, remediation of issues as identified through risks assessments and general equipment queries that may arise.
In addition to providing expertise on equipment this person will also act as a point of contact for providing advice and determining best practice in the fields machinery guarding, CE requirements and equipment risk assessments.
· Lead the site equipment remediation program. Work in a proactive and partnership with the IPT’s to deliver the program in alignment with corporate milestones.
· Issue regular reports and updates of program progress at relevant site forums.
· Lease and act as site point of contact for the site with our 3rd party equipment safety consultants.
· Update documentation as required.
· Ensure that equipment technical files are in place and are aligned with corporate and international standards.
· Maintains the site High Risk Inventory for equipment.
· Act as a mentor and coach other engineers on-site on equipment safety issues.
· For issues identified develop engineering solutions to mitigate risks.
· Complete equipment risk assessments as outlined in site procedures.
· Loos outside of the site to engage with other client’s sites and industries to improve equipment safety and benchmark similar programs.
· Works with Project Engineering to ensure the maintainability of new and modified installations.
Comply with the current MMD Quality and EHS Management System requirements, as relevant to the supporting operations.
Use Lean principles across all technical aspects of the process, by deploying Six Sigma tools and automation principles, to deliver a cost efficient operating model for commercial production.
Coaching and Training:
Coaching others by sharing your skill-set and expertise.
· 5+ Yrs working in a similar role, in a similar environment.
· Has lead similar type programs in the past.
· Demonstrated knowledge of CE marking, Machinery Directive and equipment safety guidelines.
· Proven project management skills.
· Ability to work on own initiative with minimal guidance.
· Good Written and verbal communication skills.
· Identify key stakeholders and develop a relationship of trust.
· Interact with above site personnel to understand changes and promote the site.
· Solid engineering acumen.
· Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively across multiple teams
· Solid business acumen.
· Degree qualification (Engineering, Technical).
· Ability to build and fostering relationships with project stakeholder including.
· Ability to analyse and identify trends
Technology Engineering CoE Lead.